[pct-l] Scary bear story & not hanging food

Steve - I tend to agree with you 100%, BUT if you read Nacona's
journal, there WERE doing those things (cook away from camp and camp
stealthy).

They were in Evolution Valley, which is a little north of Onion Valley
(the prime bear problem in the Sierra).  I haven't heard of such bad
bear problems in Evolution Valley; perhaps these were relocated bears,
or perhaps the bears in Evolution Valley are learning new tricks.
Either way, this is indeed scary because they seemed to be following
all the rules for Stealth Camping and still got hit.

I am not saying this because I am against stealth camping.  In fact I
am not against it, as I have done the JMT twice using stealth
techniques and no canister.

peace,
dude