[pct-l] Some questions on Hwy 138 to Cacade Locks

Don't worry about bears. But, watch out for those tiny flying critters:
bring bug juice.

Believe the guide book regarding water, but I haven't been up there this
year. Water needs depends on the weather. Many lakes in the southern
section.

Think on-trail signups for permits are OK. Some areas in the Sisters around
Obsidian Falls have restricted camping and need permits. Camp on either
side, although the prettiest places are in the restricted area.

Stop at Big Lake Youth camp for a meal (between McKenzie and Santiam Pass).
Take the PCT high route over Three Fingered Jack rather than go into the
alternate to the lakes.

Stop in to see Timberline Lodge on Mt. Hood. Go through Paradise Park after
the Zig Zag River (takes you up high and is very scenic - a little longer
but worth it - I'd camp in that area).

Take the Eagle Creek Trail from either Indian Springs or Whatum Lake to the
Gorge, and then walk the bicycle trail to Cascade Locks - this is at the end
of your trek.

Walk across the Columbia on the Bridge of the Gods (and back). What a way to
end!

Enjoy!

Marshall Karon
Portland, OR