[pct-l] Lake Hughes Fire ("Pine Incident")

	I called the Angeles National Forest Supervisors Office,
626-574-5200.  The Lake Hughes ("Pine Incident") fire is being handled
by Los Angeles County, 323-881-2413.  At 1800 PDT, the Angeles
National Forest will take over management of the fire.

	Here's what I was told: Liebre Mtn. Truck Trail is closed from
Pine Canyon Road (Lake Hughes) to Forest Rd. 8N04.  The Old Ridge Road
(to the west of the PCT) is also closed.  Although not specifically
mentioned in the Forest Service press release, it should be understood
that the PCT is closed in this area, per the forest service
representative (once I told her where the PCT ran in the area).

	My interpretation: If there are any late northbound hikers,
Agua Dulce would be a good place to stop for a while. :-) SOBO hikers,
it should be OK to cross the Antelope Valley (modulo the heat!), but
please don't hike south of hwy 138.

					Craig "Computer" Rogers