[pct-l] Water Caches

>>In review from what we saw this season, anyone (and
>>their dog) who uses the so called "ultralight water
>>cache dependant route" is possibly depriving
>>someone who actually NEEDS the water of its intended
>>use.

Exactly! Remember, the water caches, while not
strictly for emergency use, are meant for a liter or
two at the most. Be prepated to carry water as needed
and DO NOT COUNT ON THE CACHES. More than one hiker
has really foulded up by depending upon a cache and
finding it empty upon arriving at the cache.

I'd hate for water caches to be used the same way
people use shelters on the AT. ("I'll ditch my
tent/tarp because there are always shelters on the AT.
I want to go ultralite").

Be prepared...carry your water!

=====
--Thoreau