From: pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net
[mailto:pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net] On Behalf Of The Mountain
Goat
Sent: Saturday, July 10, 2004 9:48 PM
To: pct mailing list
Subject: [pct-l] Bear Vault (Bear Canister) failor notice!

I have just been informed that Mike and Amy who were using the Bear Vault
cans, were broken into. This happened in Yosemite Park, a few days ago. I
went to the bear vault.com web page have found that they have a upgrade.
Check this link out for info.

http://www.bearvault.com/bearvault_productnotices.php

If you have a Bear Vault, you can get an upgrade. And since Mike and Amy
both have lost a supply of food from a Bear North of Tuolumne meadows, I
suggest you get the upgrade. Aparently they said that the bears could be
heard spinning the top of the lid, and when that didn't work, the bears were
able to get their claws under the lid and pry it off.

-Mountain Goat-