[pct-l] frameless pack

Dave typed:
> golite is a cheap company I have several clothing items of golites and
> less then half way through one session they started showing lots of wear
>  no near were what I paid for and what do you get when you call a
> discount on your next purchase a hole 35 dollars wow. and guess what all
>  there clothes are made in japan look carefully a t the label it says
> made in japan.

Not to defend GoLite in particular, but ultralight gear is generally, BY
DESIGN, less durable than more traditional heavy gear.

For people who know how to handle it and care for it, it can meet their
requirements for warmth, shelter, carrying capacity, and so on, with the
advantage of weighing considerably less. For people who don't carefully
handle it, it must seem like fragile junk.

It may be that some GoLite products have construction quality or even
design issues that make them less durable than competing products made
from identical lightweight materials. You haven't provided any evidence

It may be that you find GoLite's warranty policies less generous than some
other manufacturers. You have provided one anecdote to support this
argument.

However, impugning them based on the nation of origin of their labor adds
nothing constructive to a thoughtful discussion the their product's or
their company's merits.

Indeed, most of their products that I own were made in China. I haven't
seen anything of their's made in Japan.