From: "Patrick McJunkin" <patrickmcjunkin@yahoo.com>
To: <pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net>
Sent: Tuesday, July 06, 2004 9:19 AM
Subject: [pct-l] shipping stove gas

> Hello all,
>
> I tried searching the archives on this topic, as I'm sure it's been
covered before, but the link isn't working.  I'm trying to send maildrops
with isobutane/propane gas for my MSR Pocket Rocket, but have been told by 2
UPS customer service reps. that the full canisters can only be sent by
companies having hazardous materials contracts w/UPS.

> The post office says they can go by parcel post (ground), but given Yogi's
advice against using parcel post I'd like to avoid it if possible.