[pct-l] altitude and ginko

> I've heard that ginko is beneficial in regards to avoiding altitude
> sickness. What is the best regime in this regard - take it as a general
> course, or only in acute or immanent need?

http://www.high-altitude-medicine.com/hot-topics.html

I don't understand your question about general course or acute need.
Ginko might be useful in aiding acclimatize.  There is no good
indicator (including past history) as to whether someone will been
effected by AMS, so if you think Ginko helps, you should always use
it.

If you actual have AMS then ginko is the wrong treatment.  You should
use the standard protocol:

http://microserf.lanl.gov/bpw/high_altitude_sickness.pdf

If you want to be sure to beat AMS give your body time to acclimatize.
People acclimatize at different rates, but the general rule of thumb
is:

At altitudes above 3000 meters (10,000 feet), your sleeping elevation
should not increase more than 300 meters (1000 feet) per night, and
every 1000 meters (3000 feet) you should spend a second night at the
same elevation.