[pct-l] Helter Sh-k-elter

What's wrong with a Tarptent?
JD

-----Original Message-----
From: pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net
[mailto:pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net]On Behalf Of
dmd@email.arizona.edu
Sent: Tuesday, June 29, 2004 11:38 AM
To: pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: [pct-l] Helter Sh-k-elter

Hello all~
I am planning on COMPLETING a PCT thru-hike in 2005 and I am currently in my
"find out everything you can about everything" mode.  I have just finished
reading Ray Jardine's "Beyond Backpacking" and I am now extremely fixated on
getting my "big 3" under 6 pounds.  To do this I need a shelter weighing no
more than 2.5 pounds.  Here's my problem: I HAVE to have a tent, no other
way
around it.  Is there a tent out there worth purchasing or should I just suck
it
up and learn to live with a tarptent?  I have read about the Europa II and
it
seems to fit the bill, however I do not consider any of my research complete
until I have consulted all of you.  I definitely appreciate anything and
everything you guys can tell me.  Happy trails!

Wildcat Dave