[pct-l] Mountain Lion Attack

I guess the thing that bothers me about the recent attack 20 miles north of Kernvill is that the injuryed lady was with 3 men.  They beat the cat off, but she lost one eye and damage to the other one.  Wow, this is serious stuff out on the trail.  In January there were attacks too.  I always thought a group was faily safe from a cat coming in for an attack.  May be they were not close together while hiking and the cat thought it was a lone person.  I do not believe my own theory, since cats have such good senses and know what is around.  Also, the authorities think the cat may have been starving from lack of game from the fires.

Just a little scary, since I am mostly a solo hiker and you can scare me fairly easily - ha, ha.  My firm impression now is that when a cat attacks it is very serious and it does not take long for it to be over.  They are experts in taking larger game (you) down.  I don't mean to be an alarmist but everyone please be safe, Switchback