[pct-l] Greyhound

It is apparently possible to take a Rogue Valley Transportation District (RVTD) bus from Ashland, which Greyhound will soon stop serving, to Medford which it will continue to serve.  RVTD also serves the Medford airport, but apparently only on weekdays. RVTD's website:  http://www.rvtd.org/index.asp

I suspect we will find similar alternatives for many of the discontinued stops. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if one major reason for some of these changes is that Greyhound grew weary of trying to compete against government subsidized bus services. For those stops that will not be served by any public transportation service, watch for small private operators to fill the gap. Anyone want to start up a limo service from Whitney Portal? The market will prevail.

Wayne Kraft