From: "The Mountain Goat" <themtgoat@yahoo.com>
Sent: Sunday, June 27, 2004 6:10 PM
Subject: [pct-l] Belden to Poisen spring day hike.

> I recently did a loop from Belden going first on Indian Spring to the PCT
just past Poison spring. Here is the report.

> Indian spring trail. was fun, but the trail is quickly getting overgrown.
I lost the trail for about 1/2 mile or more, and was able reacquire it about
the half way point. Its amazing since the fire at the turn of the century,
the shrubbery is taking over! After 1997, this was the alternate route at
Belden, till they fixed the trail. I hiked the next several miles on a road
until I hit the PCT.

> PCT - 1/2 mile past Poison springs (13.5 miles past Belden) . At 7000'
there is only slightly patchy snow. No problem for any of us through hikers.
I hiked back to belden at this point. Several of the creeks are full, all
but one, was easily passable for any of us.

> I met Carl (no trail name) and talked with him for awhile, until I had to
get going so as to get back before dark... He named off about 10 other
though hikers. I seem to have found one of the ultra front runners of the
trail. I only recognized one of the other trail names 'leper-con' .
Apparently he is near Belden as of Saturday.