Fwd: RE: [pct-l] permanent injuries from thru-hiking?

Back in the days when I was peakbagging 150+ peaks a year my
illiotibial band hurt after every hike.  I finally started  to use
cheap knee braces whenever I went downhill (I would place them around
my ankles the rest of the time.)  After two months of this practice
my knees never hurt again.  I used the white Ace tubular knee braces,
ten bucks.  I also started wearing orthotics after that time, and
they helped, but the I-T band is a ligament and it needed a long time
to heal, which I wasn't giving it until I got the "downhill" knee
braces.
Cpl Bivy