[pct-l] PCT Start Date

In a message dated 6/18/2004 10:59:48 AM Pacific Standard Time,
GSL38@aol.com writes:

If you  wanted to start in the Big Bear area or even near Lake Silverwood,
you
can  fly into Ontario International which is not very crowded.  There are
plenty of people who would be willing to give you a lift to the trailheads
in that
area.  On May 29th I picked up a PCT hiker at the airport and  took her to
get
her fuel and then to the trailhead at Interstate 15.   Only a 30 minute drive
and a wonderful experience for me.
If you are considering starting at Lake Silverwood, I'd just start at I-15.
It's easier off/on for your driver and there's a McDonalds there in case you
want to eat before you hit the trail.

If you arrive late in the day, there's a PCT-friendly motel just across the
interchange.

OOMV,
Charlie