From: "JoPH" <joph@piedmontbsa.org>
To: <pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net>
Cc: "Kerry Hazelett" <karsten.n.hazelett@smithbarney.com>
Sent: Thursday, June 17, 2004 9:13 AM
Subject: [pct-l] landmarks on Highway 108,and Highway 50 and Highway 80 near
Lake Tahoe

My husband and I are PCT section hikers who live in the San Francisco Bay
Area. This Summer we're planning several long weekend hikes in Northern
California which are made possible by some very kind friends who are willing
to pick us up at our exit points. Three of those section hikes end where the
PCT crosses Highway 108 at Sonora Pass, Highway 50 near Echo Lake and
highway 80 near Donner. Since the PCT is not usually (well) marked from the
road I was wondering if any of you know of useful landmarks I can tell our
friends to look for. Thank you for any information you can share!
Jo