[pct-l] crabtree/food

I agree, Kearsarge Pass is a beautiful place. And a nice hike. however you have a 13? mile hitch. Great place, if you have a car, but more remote as far as trying to get a hitch. When we were there, there was a group of 5. The car that brought Snickers and I was able to take 3 back to Independence. Later on the trip we heard that the other two were either waiting there most of the day, or opted to walk the 13 miles (Can't remmeber wich). I really didn't mean to seem  'macho', its just 11 days/15 miles a day and only 34 LB doesn't seem like a stretch to me. I guess to each his own and as always HYOH,,,,

-Mountain Goat-

Marshall Karon <m.karon@comcast.net> wrote:
I've done that 11 day trek between VVR and Kennedy Meadows - and wished I
hadn't. Kind of a macho thing to see if you can do it. Been there, done
that, don't need to do it again.

Go out over Kearsage Pass - exquisite scenery and not a bad hike. I thought
it was among the best hikes I did on the whole PCT. And then to get down to
desert heat in Independence was just part of the experience.

Marshall Karon
Portland, OR
m.karon@comcast.net