[pct-l] New P-1 Pack

I got my new pack and it looks good.  I made a few modifications. #1-added reflective tape to shoulder straps.  Brian had put reflective material on the front already - very nice. #2-put some duck tape on the pack bottom for extra protection. #3-used a 2-panel Zrest pad inside pack and a small Zrest cut portion for the inside bottom protection.  Both held together with Velcro staps.  #4-added some auto shoulder strap pads for the pack shoulder straps.  A little more comfort.  #5-used some Velcro staps for a firmer hold for the water bottles with the pack shoulder straps.  They supplement the elastic staps that came with the pack.  I use two 16.9 ounce Aquafina bottles, since they seem to fit nicely with the pack shoulder strap water bottle system.  #6-my custom made solar umbrella holder for my GoLite Breeze pack is going to work easily with the P-1. Anyway, things look good. A little more fine tuning and I will be ready for Mt. Whitney in July. By the way, I got a small O2 bottle for Whitney.  I will be the one selling 02 at Trail Crest for $5.00 for 2 minutes if you are up that way --- only kidding about selling it.

Happy trails, Switchback