[pct-l] Re: JMT: getting from Lone Pine back to SFO after the trail

Someone recently posted this link on eastern sierra public transport - it
looks good, including schedules but I don't know if it is current
http://alumnus.caltech.edu/~rbell/JMTTransport.html . I've got a JMT page on my website that
I think you will find useful.
On Muir Ranch vs VVR - Muir ranch is more off the trail than VVR for the
hiker, as VVR has a twice a day boat shuttle across Lake Edison - VVR is also
makes a special effort to welcome hikers while Muir Ranch is more focused on Ranch
guests who have paid for a week or so of vacation. On the plus side for Muir
Ranch, it is farther south on the JMT, so you need a little less food to get
you to Whitney Portal.
Ralph Alcorn
www.backpack45.com
Shepherd Canyon Books
Publisher of We're in the Mountains, Not Over the Hill:
     Tales and Tips From Seasoned Women Backpackers