[pct-l] JMT: getting from Lone Pine back to SFO after the trail

Hello all,

Still going over some of the remaining important details of my JMT planning,
I am trying to figure out how I can get back to San Francisco from Lone Pine
using public transportation.

The PCTA website has a page on that at
http://www.pcta.org/planning/before_trip/resources/transportation.asp

but the link at the end ( <http://www.countyofinyo.org>
www.countyofinyo.org) is broken so the bus schedules are nowhere to be
found.

Is anyone ware of the time schedules?

Also, even if I make it to Bishop with this bus, what will get me to San
Francisco in time for my plane (apparently neither Greyhound nor Amtrack
provide service in Bishop)?

Is the only option to rent a car? If so, is "one way" rental possible in the
US (renting in Bishop, drop-off in SFO?)

Or is hitch-hiking an option in California or is it officially prohibited?

Again, many thanks for those who will be able to shed some light on these
practical interrogations.

Kind regards, Antoine