[pct-l] Re: Snow on JMT?

This is also unrelated to the JMT snow conditions, but rather to the
Mokelumne Wilderness south of Carson Pass.  On June 5th, I solo dayhiked
from the Sunset Lakes (off of Blue Lakes Rd) to Raymond Lake (9000') along
the PCT.  There were many spots where snow covered the trail, but only on NE
slopes and within forested areas...and melting fast!  There were a couple
steep snow fields that would have required crampons, but I was able to
easily scramble around the tricky areas.  The spur off the PCT up to Raymond
Lake still had quite a bit of snow, but I never lost the trail.  The east
face of Raymond Peak (10,000+) above the lake was buried in snow, so I sat
by the lake to revel in the fact that I was likely the season's first hiker
to the lake.  There really is nothing like making the first human footprints
in the trail.