[pct-l] Re: Snow on JMT

	Although there may be little or no snowpack on the JMT/PCT
this year, that doesn't mean that you won't be snowed upon while
hiking!  Last Wednesday, 09-Jun-2004, I was at Onion Valley (about
9200' elevation), outside Independence, and it was snowing!  Buck30,
Quijote, and some others arrived while I was there.  They reported
temperatures down to 20F at night on the JMT/PCT, and light overnight
accumulations of snow.  Always carry warm clothing when hiking in the
Sierra!

					Craig "Computer" Rogers