[pct-l] Re: Snow on JMT

My husband and I enjoyed a nice LONG hike on the JMT in the high country in Yosemite a little over two weeks ago (end of May). Other than a small patch of snow on the top of Half Dome. The section of the trail we were on, including Cloud's Rest and vicinity, is completely clear and dry. From what we heard from a few backpackers, everything is clear all the way from Yosemite Valley to Tenaya Lake and from the Valley to Tuolumne Meadows and anywhere else with comperable elevations. It was also stated that everything under 10,000 feet and almost everything under 11,000 feet is also clear. Not hard to believe considering how dry everything is already. Tioga Pass is open and clear. Hope this helps!

Happy hiking,
Tanya