[pct-l] Golden Trout Wilderness (and plant name?)

Thanks for sharing the photos...  I always enjoyed that general area
(even before it was designated a wilderness area, and then was
fortunately greatly expanded later on, also) - especially the upper
reaches of the South Fork of the Kern (Tunnel Meadow area) on North to
Cottonwood Pass (usually came in from Horseshoe Meadow out of Lone
Pine)...

The plant you were wondering about is Veratrum californicum, most
commonly known (as previously noted by Crest Rider) as Corn Lily, but
another common name is Western False Hellebore (or just False
Hellebore)...  some web sites to get some more info:

http://www.calacademy.org/research/botany/wildflow/names/202233.htm

http://www.calflora.net/bloomingplants/cornlily.html

http://www.flowersociety.org/corn_lily_heyns.htm

(Hey, I already knew it as Corn Lily, but I'm stuck at WORK on a
Sunday...  so I looked it up for more info just in case anyone else is
interested!)

Well, back to work...  Happy trails!