From: pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net
[mailto:pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net] On Behalf Of
Bighummel@aol.com
Sent: Thursday, June 03, 2004 11:28 AM
To: pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Cc: campydog@verizon.net; timothygstone@fs.fed.us; info@tahoerimtrail.org;
director@pcta.org; goye@fs.fed.us; jlevin@fs.fed.us; BDG7764@aol.com;
info@pcta.org; bill_paleck@nps.gov; mconley@blm.gov; pbrink@ca.blm.gov
Subject: Re: [pct-l] Old PCT marker on Ebay!

Brian (BDG7764@aol.com) writes:

"IM glad it did not sell. nor would I realist it. I just want to thank all

you pct lovers that are not lovers of trees etc for all your emails. I will
be

doing the pct next year. its my goal to remove every last marker that is

infecting mine and muirs beloved trees. The white diamond will me nothing
but an

ignorant placement of a trail marker in the years past by an ignorant forest

service at that time!  Please forward my email to all. Brian. P.S.  this
weekend

I go looking for my first removal in so Calif.. goal is to save the tree.
Will

turn all markers to the forest service but, the one I now have. IM going to

get the news media in on this... Brian"

ATTENTION ALL FOREST SERVICE, NATIONAL PARK, BLM, NATIONAL MONUMENT AND
STATE

PARK EMPLOYEES!

THIS INDIVIDUAL IS PLANNING TO HIKE THE PCT NEXT YEAR WITH THE ABOVE AGENDA.

IF I UNDERSTAND THE LAW CORRECTLY, IT IS A FEDERAL OFFENSE TO ILLEGALLY

REMOVE, DEFACE, OR OTHERWISE DESTROY ANY SIGNAGE ON FEDERALLY PROTECTED
LANDS.  AS

THE PACIFIC CREST NATIONAL SCENIC TRAIL IS A FEDERALLY PROTECTED ENTITY, ALL

SIGNAGE UPON IT IS PROTECTED BY THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT.

With the twisted logic of this individual we would remove the Golden Gate

Bridge because it was not originally there.  Nor would we maintain any of
the

trails because we would be introducing unnatural drainage and rearranging
rocks

and trees to provide access to the trail.

IMHO,

Greg "Strider" Hummel

PCT '77