[pct-l] Bearikade retrofits

I called wild ideas regarding this bearikade retrofit issue, it seems rental
people were using them as cook pots and it compromised the seal on the
bottom end.  They replaced the bottom seal with a CNC closure.  Without the
time to send mine in for retrofitting, I'll be once again amidst the
SCOFF-LAWS of the high sierra by using my older can heh heh, but no fear
oldstyle bearikade users and wilderness perservationists, wild-ideas told me
a story over the phone about a rental bearikade that sat in the bubbs creek
drainage for over a year, subsequently attracting probably many bears, and
when it was finally found and returned it was still intact.  So since I
never cooked in mine it should be o.k.  I wonder if I'll run into any techie
rangers looking for old bearikades......I'll retrofit mine after this year's
hike.  It's $25.00.

s.c.