[pct-l] Bridge of The Gods to Panther Creek

Another Portlander and veteran thruhiker chiming in here about the PCT route verses the road walk to Carson. I've hiked the PCT from Bridge Of The Gods to Panther Creek twice (including my thruhike in 2002) and I rather like that stretch. I have been up Table Mountain several times and it's fantastic. I enjoyed the view near Three Corner Rock and the drop down into the forest.

While I have never walked the highway east from Bridge Of The Gods I have driven it more times than I can count. I can imagine it would be tedious and dangerous. Yes I'm sure that a good many thruhikers and section hikers have opted for that but I can also tell you that a good many have taken the PCT as well, and I'll do it again if I get the chance.