[pct-l] Re: We're hiking Washington PCT this year

Hurray, I am so glad that others have already responded to the "seems only
sensible" remark about detouring the PCT between Cascade Lock and Panther
Creek. I just hiked this section last September and enjoyed it very much. At
one point (the 1/2 mile trail spur to Three Corner Rock) I could see four
Cascades volcanoes from one spot--Hood, Adams, St. Helens and Rainier. Where
else on the trail do you have that kind of view? While there is some
clearcut, you also hike through rare old growth forest--and you will miss
this if you take the detour to Panther Creek. For pictures, check out the
first three days of my trip report at

http://staff.washington.edu/griffin/pct03.html

Tom Griffin
Seattle