[pct-l] any conditions update for Section O?

David I was at Peavine creek on June 22, 2001 going north.  There was some
blowdown but it was spotty and not too bad.  I suspect that you will be snow
free and here is hoping for good free sailing and nice weather for you.

If there has been rockslides due to winter rain, these could be real
showstoppers.  There are small sections of unstable steep areas that the
trail runns through that may not have been checked yet (Red Mountain and
Grizzley peak).  And the last 30 miles north are almost continuously steep,
with deep gulleys and big timber - very beautiful, but limited campsites and
a big snarl of downed timber would be a  real test.

It is easy to miss the pct turn north of Squaw Creek; it is back over your
right shoulder and above you so be looking.  It was unmarked when I went
through last and even though I had been there before , I missed it the
second time.

I found that there were some really grassy and weedy areas that I would lose
the trail, but with a little searching I got it again.  That early there
hasn't been enough feet to create any kind of path in the grass - you're it.

Sweet moments to you -

Goforth