[pct-l] U.N. to Arrest Marker sells from Ebay.

chill out!  Not only is this post NOT about the PCT, the post conveys
an erroneous conclusion about the referenced article.

The article does NOT say that the UN has soveriegnty over any morsel of
US land.  What's more than that, the US largely controls the UN and the
IMF.  Without our funding, neither would exist.

Furthermore, if you actually READ the article, there is no single piece
of land the size of Colorado that is referenced in the article, as your
post suggests.  The article states that, in aggregate, all the land
that falls under this UN designation adds up to an area equal to 51
million acres, which is roughly equal to the area of Colorado.

On top of that, the UN is CLEARLY not represented in the article
as "Landlord" of ANY property in the United States.  In fact, the
article specifically says "U.N. designations don't give the U.N. formal
authority to regulate American land".  The only consequence that the
article cites as a result of such UN designation is "The U.S. is
required to regularly report to the U.N. on the status of its World
Heritage Sites".

The article also mentions that such UN designations stopped mining in
Yellowstone several years ago, which doesn't sound too bad to me,
especially when compared with the current administration's desire
to "put our national parks to use" and drill, mine, and log in our
national treasures.  Its a shame that people who care about protecting
our national treasures from commercial exploitation must appeal to
international help because our politicians would rather cowtow to the
powerful corporate interests that line their pockets.

Where did you hear about this, Rush Limbaugh?  ...or some other extreme
right-wing nut-job?  :-)

Not trying to be mean, the article just doesn't say what you suggest it
does.

peace,
dude