[pct-l] We're hiking Washington PCT this year

Hello to all from Laraine (Ladeda) and Melouise (Pell Mell): We're planning on hiking Washington this year beginning July 12th at Cascade Locks and heading north!  We'll take the alternate route thru Carson to Panther Creek c.g. (seems only sensible). Have a couple of questions we'd appreciate feedback on:

1.  We know this is a little early starting but are limited to being home before 8/20 - we'll definitely check on trail conditions before starting & be prepared to skip around if necessary - any thoughts on snow conditions - shall we bring an ice axe?

2.  What's everyone using for water treating/filtering these days? In 2000 on my attempted thru-hike I used the Safewater Anywhere inline filter but that doesn't seem to be available now.

3.  Does it make sense to hitch out to Trout Lake? Is there much traffic on that road?

It's good to be back on the list, I have some hiker friends from 2000 on trail again this year (Nacona, Aussie Crawl, etc.). Sorry I wasn't able to come to ADZPCTKOP this year but I'm doing a "mental thru-hike" now (just finished my first year of college at ripe old age of 62 - planning on getting a BA, loving it except it cuts into my hiking time).

Regards to all .....
and, GO TAKE A HIKE!
Ladeda (PCT 2000 solo Campo to Sierra City, Pell Mell & I finished California '02, hiked Oregon '03 - we're getting there!!!)