[pct-l] Old PCT marker on Ebay!

In a message dated 6/3/2004 8:31:08 PM Pacific Standard Time,
goforth@cnw.com writes:

Okay,  all you righteous people out there-  What about an old PCT marker  that
is off in the woods somewhere on an abandoned trail (I mean the kind  of
trail you can not find most of the time, that has not been maintained  for 20
years).  Seems to me that you should remove it in wilderness  areas as it is
intrusive and no longer serves the intended  purpose.

Not that I'm one of the righteous people, but how does one tell whether a
PCT marker that is "For Sale on Ebay" came from an abandoned trail, or from the
PCT/JMT through the High Sierras where hundreds of hikers may rely on it to
help  guide them through the maze of other trail junctions.
Charlie