[pct-l] JMT Happy Isles to Tuolumne - Solo Advice

> If you camp near the Cloud's Rest junction, there is a "bear cable"
> for storing your food sack. At least, there was in 1976.

I'm pretty sure that the bear cables are no longer to be used and bear
cans only are the approved method of food storage.  Personally, I
stealth camp and sleep with my food, but I don't recomend it unless you
really know what you are doing.

Also, the trail from Happy Ilses to Tuolumne is affectionately known
as "Bear Alley".  In 1998, I camped near Cathedral Lakes and was kept
awake all night by a marauding bears raiding other people's campsites.
They never bothered us, but the screaming people and banging pots was
too much.  If you camp in Cathedral Lakes, PLAN ON SEEING BEARS.

peace,
dude