[pct-l] JMT Happy Isles to Tuolumne - Solo Advice

In a message dated 6/3/2004 1:43:28 PM Pacific Standard Time,
scourtway@bpa-arch.com writes:

It's  hard to determine........definitely the numbers on the trail  increase
substantially after the 4th of July weekend and into late July,  folks seem
to be afraid of skeeters and snow on the JMT heh heh.  And  I'd offer this as
well, don't be afraid to camp solo.  Feeling alone  maybe an alien feeling to
you, but has it's definite rewards as well  (psyches self out) heh.

Little Yosemite camp has nightly bear visits ... camping alone might  not be
wise if she/he comes to your tent first.
I'd camp in the middle of the masses ... that way the bear finds someone
else's food ... the noise wakes you and you are not taken by surprise.
If you camp near the Cloud's Rest junction, there is a "bear cable" for
storing your food sack. At least, there was in 1976.
Charlie