[pct-l] Old PCT marker on Ebay!

Hi,

On Wed, 2 Jun 2004, Carl (1977 Kelty Kid) wrote:

> I agree. While I have no doubt that Joanne's description is accurate and
> that it was perceived to be legitimately acquired by all concerned, its sale
> by PCTA establishes a market value and sends the wrong message (i.e., that
> there's money growing on trees, ready to be mined).

Why shouldn't the PCTA take old markers from trees, replace them with new
markers and sell the old ones at a profit? From what I gather here the old
markers have a market and their price far exceeds manufacturing cost. This
seems like asking your representative to fly your flag on the capitol
for a few hours. (Just make sure there are more replacements than markers
sold.) Eagles can't be manufactured.

Ilja.