[pct-l] Old PCT marker on Ebay!

I agree. While I have no doubt that Joanne's description is accurate and
that it was perceived to be legitimately acquired by all concerned, its sale
by PCTA establishes a market value and sends the wrong message (i.e., that
there's money growing on trees, ready to be mined).

For the same reason, possession or sale of a number of products from
protected animal species is prohibited--even when "no animals were harmed."
PCT example: If you are lucky enough to find an eagle feather on the trail,
you better leave it there. Unless you're a member of a federally recognized
Native American tribe, mere possession is a felony with a fine of up to
$10,000 and/or imprisonment.

The good news is that the PCT marker on eBay, which had an opening bid of
$200, didn't get any bids.