[pct-l] Old PCT marker on Ebay!

I gave an old PCT marker to Pete Fish; he gave it to the PCTA who recently
auctioned it.

I found two quite a ways off an old PCT connector trail in Oregon (I was
trying to avoid down timber at the time and was walking my horse parallel to
the trail which was so old that it was covered in downfall .  I found that I
could actually get along better off the trail and at the top of a rounded
rise which paralleled the trail)

The two markers were pristine , nestled, mostly buried by duff, unnailed and
had obviously been dropped by a trail person when he crossed a log.

Such markers are also on trails in Washington that used to be the PCT but
have been abandoned.

I am sure that neither Pete or the PCTA or I envisioned encouraging actually
taking markers off trees along the PCT(In fact, the sign that I gave Pete
never served as a marker as it was never used as such).

Joanne Lennox