[pct-l] Re: section f

Dave
I have hiked and worked in Section F many times. A headnet would be a good
idea, not for mosquitoes but flies and gnats, they can be plenty annoying.
Not sure I'd bother with a tarp either, at least setting it up that is, I
use a light weight Bivy (Bilber Black Diamond Winter Bivy 9oz) for
protection from the wind, it's not very likely to rain in Section F mid-June
either IE: Tehachapi avg Precipitation from 1971 - 2000 is 0.08 inches.

The most important thing you should be concerned with is water, and
acclimatization to the heat. bring some oral rehydration salts and learn to
recognize the signs of heat exhaustion and how to treat it.

Please be very, very, very careful with your stove and where you use it,
especially if it's windy.

. The 1st water is Golden Oaks Spring 16.85 miles from Tehachapi Pass, then
18.79 miles to Robin Bird Spring, Landers Camp Spring about 15 miles EST,
Willow Spring about 15 miles EST, 7-8 miles in open desert like terrain,
about 21 miles EST to McIver's Spring, and about 9 miles EST to Walker Pass
Cpgd.

Happy Trails
Trail90