[pct-l] Whitney Portal to PCT

As I recall, you need a Whitney Zone permit if you want to go farther
than Lone Pine Lake, even for a day hike. If you're just going over the
crest and not going to the summit, you would still need a Whitney Zone
permit.

http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/inyo/recreation/mt_whitney.html

Mark

-----
Have fun or die trying - but try not to actually die.
http://www.AboveCalifornia.com
Got Mac OS X? Get the AboveCalifornia Sherlock Channel:
sherlock://www.AboveCalifornia.com/sherlock/SherlockChannel.xml?
action=add

Wanna frag? Add the ..::LVL Sherlock Channel and get the newest Quake3
maps:
sherlock://www.AboveCalifornia.com/sherlock/LVL/SherlockChannel.xml?
action=add