[pct-l] AIWA Radio for Trail

Several days ago Traildad had a link to "Flyin' Brians'" hiking list and I
noticed that he includes, as I do, an AM FM radio.

I always carry a small walkman style radio as I backpack or hike to listen
to NPR news, music, or sometimes AM talk--although I can't handle too much
of the right wing reactionary crap.  I don't listen all day, but maybe
several hours a day depending on the situation.  You know HYOH.

I have found a really good little radio at Sharper Image that has excellent
reception, bass boost for music, decent ergonomics, very light at no more
than 2 or 3 oz. including one aaa battery and earbuds.  It's a little
expensive at $69.95, but it works well on the trail.

See it at
http://www.sharperimage.com/us/en/catalog/productview.jhtml?sku=AI065

John Coyle
(Belated happy memorial day to my fellow vets)