[pct-l] Resupply and Hitchhiking...

m.s. writes:

> PCT RELATED hitchhiking "tip"...
> Before your hike, write in large legible letters "Hiker NEEDS Help!" on
the back of your map.

I suppose if you use this technique along with a huge smile that will
prevent any "misunderstandings"....heh

I'll be thumbing my way down from my parked truck at whitney portal this
year to lone pine, will take the Eastern Sierra Transit up to Bishop, and
then will be attempting to thumb it up the 168 to Northlake to start my
hike.  A fallback technique from small trail towns like we've on the eastern
sierra is to cruise into a fishing shop and ask the owner if he knows anyone
who wants to make a trailhead fare.  Last time I tried it, someone was
chomping at the bit to make a little $ and get out of the valley heat up to
some heel cooling at the portal.

s.c.