[pct-l] PCT: Manning to Stehekin?

As many of you may know, a large segment of the PCT from Steven's Pass
to Stehekin, WA, has been closed due to flood damage last Fall.  I've
heard that hiking the approx 100 miles south on the PCT, from Manning to
Stehekin, is also beautiful, and am considering doing it in early July.

Has anyone out there done this, and if so, how was it?  Any difficult
sections (e.g., snow-covered passes)? Also, we have to fly in from New
York and midwest, so where would we go (Vancouver?) and how can we get
to Manning park (e.g., is there a bus?)?  Any tips/advice would be most
appreciated.  Many thanks! -- David