[pct-l] Section O report Crags-Burney

I just spent the last 3 weekends hiking pieces of Section O. From Squaw Valley Crk to Girard Ridge is in great shape, no snow, and no water. >From the Crags up to Girard Ridge is in great shape with 2 or 3 water sources on the long switchback. The old trail down Girard ridge is still in good condition if brave enuf to take it down to I-5 from the bottom of the long switchback, and is 4 miles shorter.  This Memorial day weekend I hiked from Alder Crk trail crossing to Harlow Flat road. This section across Mushroom Rock was almost all snow, 5-20ft, so I took the ridgeline snow cornices from the west side of Sec 31and road 38N10 to almost Bartle gap. I avoided the PCT on the north slopes.  This 5 mile section on the north faces is all under snow, but the old PCT on road 38N10 is easy to follow. The pct on the south slope is melted out.  In two weeks, I think that the trail will be melted out, but if not go high and take the 38N10 road.   Take your headnet, the biting flies are ferocious. Water sources are good, and there's a new one near marker 14 just west of Curtis lake in a lodgepole flat, listen for it.  Last year I hiked from Ash Camp across Grizzly Peak and found snow just west of Grizzly, there may be less this year.  If any questions, email me off line. The Eddy's, Alps, and Marbles all have heavy snow above 5500, but it's melting fast.