[pct-l] youngest through hiker?

About 7 years ago I worked with  the mother of the then supposedly youngest AT thrurer.  The mother and her son completed it and I believe the son was about 15.  Mom's name was Snady Shaunbrum and she was from Berks County PA.  Very uncertain of the details because at that time I was barely a weekend warrior let alone a serious hiker.  Boy does life change!

Duane - shutterbug

pcnst2001@covad.net wrote:

In Mojave I heard of a family doing a through-hike, two parents and a 10-year-old
girl with a 25 pound pack. If successful she would surely be the
youngest PCNST through hiker. The owner of Whites Motel said the girl
appeared to be in very good health, not at all the worse for wear, which
is better than you can say for many older though-hikers.

Anybody know the youngest AT through-hiker?

As for my kids, they wouldn't do it when they were 10, they won't do it now
that they are 20, and they probably won't be interested even when they get
to my age!