[pct-l] Resupply and Hitchhiking...

One more point which hasn't recently been mentioned:

If you can, find a spot where you are visable to approaching cars from a
distance and also where next to a spot where it is easy for the driver
to pull off the road and pick you up.  Drivers need time to see and
evaluate whether they will stop and give you a ride. Being in a spot
where cars have already slowed or stopped such as at an intersection or
next to a freeway onramp work.

also stick out your hand & thumb in the classic hitch hiker symbol.
Signal what you want.

Sending out vibes may also help. I was once driving out of Olympic NP on
the way to Port Angeles when I passed two hitch hiking BPers. Their
sending vibes (or maybe my guilt or compassion) got to me.  I turned
around and went back and picked them up.  May help, may not; but it
doesn't cost anything.

John