[pct-l] Boots/shoes and stream crossings

> Do people bring Tevas or camp shoes, or do you just deal
> with it?

Especially if you wear trail running shoes, my advice is to just
walk/hike/run right through the water.  If it is not very late in the
day, you will have the entire day to dry off the shoes and the dry air
of the Sierra and the movement of hiking will dry your shoes and socks
out in just a couple of hours.

I have found that stopping to change shoes, then stopping on the other
side of stream crossings to dry off and change again ends up taking A
LOT of extra time, and by skipping this procedure you can cover much
more ground in shorter time.

OTOH, stopping at a nice stream crossing to soak your feet, fill your
water bladder, rest in the sun, is also quite nice, especially if you
are ahead of schedule and can truly relax a bit.

I say to "play it by ear" and don't be afraid to get your trail shoes
wet, then you can forego the extra weight of Tevas in your pack.

peace,
dude