[pct-l] Boots/shoes and stream crossings

I'm planning a John Muir Trail hike this July, and the northern half is pretty new to me.  The guidebook indicates a lot of stream crossings.  My concern is with having wet shoes all the time.  I've been using trail running shoes in the Grand Canyon and the Southern Sierra, and I like them just fine but they don't repel water or dry quickly.    Do people bring Tevas or camp shoes, or do you just deal with it?  Thanks very much.