[pct-l] Section C and D, 5-18-04

I gave AsABat fresh C and D water reports on Tues, so look at his website.
www.4Jeffrey.Net/pctwater

There has been a problem with a few hikers getting run off the
Silverwood area.  This has been solved.  I talked with the district
office this morning and the ranger said that he had heard the
complaints, so that everyone (the rangers and sheriffs) had been
notified that the trail was open.  He said it "went up to the top and
down again."

I had herard that someone posted a small note, but I drove out there
with a huge backerboard sign "PCT IS OPEN, 5-18-04".  After placing
the sign I turned to leave and spotted the small paper note stapled
to the wood post.  It said that the trail closure was in error, the
trail was open, and was signed by the superintendent.

About the bathrooms......I asked him if the bathrooms were open (They
are, hikers have been using them) and he said the didn't know, but if
they were hikers didn't necessarily have permission to use them.

Capt Bivy