From: pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net
[mailto:pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net]On Behalf Of Mike Saenz
Sent: Wednesday, May 05, 2004 10:46 AM
To: Steve Courtway; PCT Mail List (E-mail)
Subject: RE: [pct-l] Re: Oil cans (was Water Update)

Off topic? Rubbish.

Considering the amount of Newcastles alone at ADZPCTKO (not to mention -but
I will- the MGD's, Bud Lites, BOX wine and various other "consumables"),
this seems VERY relevant!

Of course, I will defend my oilcan's place in my pack to the end...

With all the talk about the varying quality of supply towns along the PCT, a
benchmark, for me at least, would be the selection of libations offered! (I
saw Yogi waving a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale at least once in "Walk"...where was
that???)

So let me make this very much On Topic: I can vouch for the little mini mart
in Warner Springs offering "Firestone Red Barrel Ale"! (Remember THAT Cpt.
Bivy?!!!)

Can anyone verify the presence of a green label oilcan at any supply town?
Now THATS what I'M talkin' about!

And what are YOUR favorite trail libations?

M i c h a e l   S a e n z
McLarand Vasquez Emsiek & Partners, Inc.
A r c h i t e c t u r e    P l a n n i n g    I n t e r i o r s
w  w  w  .  m  v  e  -  a  r  c  h  i  t  e  c  t  s  .  c  o  m