[pct-l] RE: Ysidro Creek Dry????

Eric, you may have solved the mystery...
Looking at the USGS topos, the spring of San Ysidro Creek is within the reservation boundary.
There also appears to be a small cluster of buildings in a location marked as "San Ysidro" just northeast of  where The Trail crosses the creek. Perhaps this is this little village's water source?

I hiked upstream about for about a 1/3 mile until the trail that runs along the creek dove into some heavy brush. But I believe a dirt road that leads into "San Ysidro" was just beyond the bushes. I didn't notice this road my first time through this part of the trail, but the last time I hike through (April 17th), I saw a truck driving past just north of Eagle Rock. I suppose my eyes were stuck on the view over Lake Henshaw the first time through ;)

My partner, Bill, will be hiking through this part of the trail in a couple weeks. I'll make sure he takes notice of the flow when he crosses the creek.

BTW-
(and this may be a little late for The Herd) There are some awesome campsites just upstream from where The Trail crosses Ysidro! I highly recommend making this an overnight destination. Much better than camping at Barrel Spring. At least when the creek is flowing...

M i c h a e l   S a e n z
McLarand Vasquez Emsiek & Partners, Inc.
A r c h i t e c t u r e    P l a n n i n g    I n t e r i o r s
w  w  w  .  m  v  e  -  a  r  c  h  i  t  e  c  t  s  .  c  o  m