[pct-l] RE: Ysidro Creek Dry????

My son I and hiked from Barrel Springs to Warner Springs this weekend as
a scout outing. We too, saw the creek/no creek mystery. Around 2 PM
Saturday it was barely flowing with lots of mud spots. At 8 AM Sunday
morning the flow was good. We saw the same thing with Canada Verde, the
stream close to WS. I hypothesized that massive evaporation may be at
work. During this current heat wave I wondered if shallow streams
actually begin to dry up during the day, and begin flowing overnight
again as water from higher up finds its way back downstream without
being evaporated. The evaporation would affect the lowest water first,
then move upstream.

Might be one solution to the mystery. At minimum, I can vouch for water
at Ysidro in the AM but not in the PM.

--

Mike